Q. What is a Good Any One Day ticket (general admission/grounds ticket)?
A. The Good Any One Day ticket gives the holder access to the tournament grounds (golf course). You can follow your favorite players, sit in the general admission stands and enjoy food at concession stands. It does not provide admission into the corporate hospitality areas or the clubhouse. Hospitality tickets are available for purchase for an upgraded experience. Clubhouse tickets are not available for purchase.
Q. Where can I park?
A. Parking is available for spectators at River City Community Church (16765 Lookout Road) for $5/car. A free shuttle service will commute you back and forth to the main spectator entrance at the Valero Texas Open. View the Parking page for further details and options.
Q. Once I am at the tournament, what's the best way to see the action?
A. You can either follow a group around the golf course or stay on a particular hole and wait for the groups come to you. There are public bleachers located around the course at various holes. Make sure you pick up a Spectator Guide upon entering the golf course so you can keep track of where each group is on the golf course. A general rule of thumb is that it takes each group 15 minutes to play a hole.
Q. What is a Spectator Guide?
A. The Spectator Guide provides the pairings which lists the groupings, starting times and starting hole, in addition, to the course map and other useful information.
Q. Can I bring a chair?
A. You are welcome to bring a collapsible, folding chair. Items not allowed include: chair bags, lawn or over-sized chairs, nor seat cushions.
Q. Can I bring my camera?
A. Still cameras with a lens smaller than 6 inches are only permitted during the Pro-Am portion of tournament week, Monday, March 23rd and Wednesday, March 25th and Tuesday during the practice round. No cameras are allowed beyond Wednesday. No camera bags are allowed.
Q. Can I bring a Cell Phone?
A. Mobile devices (cell phones, tablets & PDA’s) are permitted at the Valero Texas Open. Patrons must keep their phone in SILENT mode, may NOT utilize the camera or video functions on their device and may only use their phones in designated "Approved Cell Phone Areas."
Q. What is a Pro-Am?
A. The Pro-Am is a tournament in which both professionals and amateurs play together as a team. The Valero Texas Open hosts three Pro-Ams during tournament week.
Q. If it is raining will the PGA TOUR players still play?
A. PGA TOUR players will play in the rain unless there is a threat of lightning in the area. If that is the case, players will be evacuated and the gallery will be asked to seek cover off the golf course.
Q. Will I be able to get autographs?
A. Players should not be asked for autographs during play. Most professionals will sign autographs before and after play. Stop by the Autograph Zone (located on your course map within the Spectator Guide) for autographs from your favorite players.
Q. Can I purchase food and beverages at the tournament?
A. Yes, concession stands are located throughout the golf course. Coolers are not allowed.
Q. What accommodations do you offer to those wheelchair bound?
A. Handicap parking is available in Lot C (Thursday) and Lot B (Fri-Sunday). In addition, we offer an ADA viewing deck on 18 green and hospitality on golfers left is also ADA accessible.
Q. Are there other items that I may bring with me?
A. Yes. You are allowed to bring the following approved items:
- Opaque bags not exceeding 6”x6”x6”
- Clear plastic, vinyl, or other carry items not exceeding 12”x6”x12” or a one gallon clear re-sealable plastic bag
- Mobile phones, tablets, and PDA’s (MUST be on Silent mode and adhere to TOUR’s Mobile Device Policy)
- Still camera with lens smaller than 6 inches (no case; Practice Rounds Only)
- Umbrellas without sleeve
- Portable radios with headsets
- Medically necessary supplies
- Infant items: strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles and other necessary baby supplies (infant must be with carrier – items subject to search)
- Collapsible chairs without chair bags
- Binoculars without case
Q. Is there anything prohibited that I shouldn’t bring with me?
A. Yes. Please do not bring any of the following:
- No backpacks
- No bicycles
- No chair bags, lawn or over-sized chair or seat cushions
- No cameras (Thursday-Sunday)
- No camera bags
- No video cameras, tvs, radios, or other electronic noise producing items
- No Computers or Laptops
- No whistles, horns, noise makers or fireworks
- No signs, banners, poles, rods or laser pointers
- No pets except for service animals
- No outside food or beverages may enter the Tournament except for medical or infant needs
- No Plastic, Metal, or Glass Cups, Cans or Containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- No Coolers of any kind
- No Illegal Substances
- No firearms or weapons of any kind - Please do not bring them or you will be required to return them to your vehicle.