Benefit For Children
2016 Benefit for Children
Sunday, April 24 - Monday, April 25
The 2016 Valero Texas Open Benefit for Children, Valero's annual charitable fundraiser focusing on children in need, will begin on Sunday, April 24, with an extraordinary Welcome Party at the fabulous JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, then continue on Monday, April 25, with morning and afternoon golf outings on 11 of San Antonio’s top courses, including both the Greg Norman and Pete Dye courses at the beautiful TPC San Antonio. Or, sponsors may choose to participate in a sporting clays tournament on that Monday.
Click here to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
It's All About the Children
What began as a small golf tournament to benefit a San Antonio charity is today a nationwide effort to improve the lives of children. The Valero Texas Open Benefit for Children, a project of the Valero Energy Foundation, has proudly delivered more than $100 million to children’s charities across the U.S. since Valero's title sponsorship began in 2002. Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, funds are distributed to children's charities in the communities where Valero has major operations. The result is a network of strong, well-supported agencies with the means to help thousands of disadvantaged, abused and neglected children. The Valero Texas Open Benefit for Children is proud to partner with these agencies to make a lasting difference in children’s lives.
- The 2015 Valero Benefit for Children, together with the Valero Texas Open, raised a record $10.4 million for charity, once again making the Valero Texas Open the top charitable tournament on the PGA TOUR and bringing the overall total raised during
- Valero's 14-year title sponsorship to $100.9 million.
- Played on 11 different golf courses.
- Third year to host a sporting clays tournament.
- Featured about 2,500 attendees.